How to achieve certain effects. Posts are mainly based on search keywords that visitors used and their necessity for psychological experiments. Posts generally assume MSIE (5.1 and up).
Hi, I think there should be some kind of statistics after end of a trial about how you do in decision-making - I just took the test and all I really want to know is if I have a problem with selecting the right response - i.e. if there might be something wrong with processing in the orbitofrontal cortex...or possibly anterior cingulate - I realize that the test can't tell me anything about brain areas but did I do better than VM-patients or not....!!??
In the real world, if you do better than break even, you win.
In this test, it is rigged so that the perfectly sane person would come out with a total of $4500. The Donald would do better than that, and the gambling addict would do worse than the 2K he/she started out with.
"Normal" people score about $3000-3500.
If you score less than 2200, and didn't come close to "figuring it out", you may be wired differently. Or just be a poor gambler.
"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you!"
Please note that no solid conclusions can be drawn from your results. The Iowa Gambling Task is not intended as, nor has the properties of, a clinical and/or diagnostic instrument. It is a task that is used purely to test scientific hypotheses. It has not been standardized, not in the 'normal' population nor in any 'clinical' population, and there is no scientific evidence of predictive value of the performance on this test with respect to any kind of (dis-)function.
It is in no way a scientifically substantiated claim that if you 'score' below any particular score or above any particular score that something is 'wrong' with you, or that you are more 'gifted' than others.
Since I plan on using this measure and have done extensive research on it, I answered that I didn't take the task seriously in order to avoid confounding your results because of practice effects. I think you have a good version here and I will probably use it in my study. Thank you for pragraming this so that most of us don't have to, it really is a wonderful thing that you did.
4 comments:
Hi, I think there should be some kind of statistics after end of a trial about how you do in decision-making - I just took the test and all I really want to know is if I have a problem with selecting the right response - i.e. if there might be something wrong with processing in the orbitofrontal cortex...or possibly anterior cingulate - I realize that the test can't tell me anything about brain areas but did I do better than VM-patients or not....!!??
In the real world, if you do better than break even, you win.
In this test, it is rigged so that the perfectly sane person would come out with a total of $4500. The Donald would do better than that, and the gambling addict would do worse than the 2K he/she started out with.
"Normal" people score about $3000-3500.
If you score less than 2200, and didn't come close to "figuring it out", you may be wired differently. Or just be a poor gambler.
"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you!"
Please note that no solid conclusions can be drawn from your results. The Iowa Gambling Task is not intended as, nor has the properties of, a clinical and/or diagnostic instrument. It is a task that is used purely to test scientific hypotheses. It has not been standardized, not in the 'normal' population nor in any 'clinical' population, and there is no scientific evidence of predictive value of the performance on this test with respect to any kind of (dis-)function.
It is in no way a scientifically substantiated claim that if you 'score' below any particular score or above any particular score that something is 'wrong' with you, or that you are more 'gifted' than others.
Since I plan on using this measure and have done extensive research on it, I answered that I didn't take the task seriously in order to avoid confounding your results because of practice effects. I think you have a good version here and I will probably use it in my study. Thank you for pragraming this so that most of us don't have to, it really is a wonderful thing that you did.
Post a Comment