Please read this post to learn how to save the data.
The zip file now bundles both the task and the code to save data to file. Now there is a web version (.html file) and a desktop version (.hta file) which runs after unzipping the complete directory. Both are English versions. The saved data format is compatible with the included data extraction tool. Please see the Readme.txt file for instructions. The desktop version also has more graphical feedback (see screenshot below).
Note that after you downloaded the zip file, you really must unzip the file! In Windows XP this is easiest if you double click the downloaded file, and click the 'Extract all files' at the top of the left panel. If you don't see images when you start the hta version, then you most likely have not unzipped the zip file.
Apparently still a lot of people want to use this tool. Now you can gather your own data in your own Google Spreadsheet without any hassle at all. Just follow this link and follow the 3-steps instructions to create your own customized version without the need to dive into the html or javascript and collect data in your own spreadsheet. It couldn't be easier!
9 comments:
Geachte heer/mevrouw,
Ik heb de Iowa Gambling Task gedownload van uw site, maar als ik hem wilt maken, krijg ik geen plaatjes op de decks, alleen rode kruisjes. Is dit op te lossen? Ik wil hem namelijk gebruiken voor mijn afstudeeronderzoek.
Vriendelijke groet,
Lianne Schmaal
L.Schmaal@student.rug.nl
This page is listed on Wikipedia as an external link for a web-based version of the Iowa Gambling task. I was hoping to experience it firsthand (rather than just reading a jillion papers about it), but I need a "valid participant ID". I'm happy to be a guinea pig for you; how do I get a participant ID?
Michelle Burack
michelle_burack@urmc.rochester.edu
Please note that you can use any number as participant ID. You don't need to request one! Just type in a number of at least 3 digits.
dude ... u should mix it up a bit. The original test was totally bogus, don't use its decks. They're too predictable. u gotta mix it up! like the no-lose deck? i just stuck w/ that the whole time. And then i did better the second time around cuz i knew what to look for. Each time u play, it should create new types of decks, with original types of cards and card distributions
Hello, i´m interested in buy the instrument ´cause i need to install it in my university. I´m doing a reserch about executive function so i need the instrumente to evaluate patients. I haven´t found some link in which i could buy it. Could you tell me how i can get it?
Thaks, and how can i see the results of the task i did?
Claudia Albor
cleo_ugly@hotmail.com
Cleo, Please read the post, and the instructions on how to save your data. This software is free of any charge and you can do what you want with it. The only request I make is an acknowledgment for the work I've put into it. That is, in your research report or publications, please include a reference. Thanks!
Hi, great job.
Can I ask why the bar graph on the internet version fails to work?
(please reply to this message rather than an earlier one, as I forgot to activate the alert for your reply).
Thanks
C
Raoul: if you want an acknowledgement, you need to explain how you would like to be cited!
I'm studying your gambling task to see if we could use it for research purposes (of course with use of the license statement).
In the textfile I read about adding something to collect the response time. Do you have an example code to collect the response time?
Post a Comment